Youth Voice Matters: Toward Healthy Youth Environments Executive Summary
by Patsy Eubanks Owens, Alyssa A. Nelson, Amanda Perry, and Kindra F. Montgomery-Block
- Gain experience working with other youth across neighborhoods, cultures and ethnicities.
- Document and share their views of where they live and inform policies, practices and funding in the region.
- Develop skills in photography, video production and map making, as well as public presentation techniques and group decision-making.
Youth-serving organizations and communities will
- Gain access to youth views in order to inform their planning efforts.
- Develop a model of youth engagement from which to learn, replicate and expand.
Policy Makers/ Leaders will
- Gain unique insights into how to better support organizations and communities to listen and respond to the unique views of youth.